- Can a girl be a Jr after her father?
- Why are there no female Jrs?
- Can females be simps?
- Where does Jr go when surname first?
- How do senior and junior names work?
- Can a woman name her daughter after herself?
- What do you call a girl with the same name as her mom?
- Is Alexis a pretty name?
- Can you have a different middle name and still be a Jr?
- Why do parents name their kid after themselves?
- Is Junior a unisex name?
- Can your second son be a Jr?
- What’s the difference between JR and 2nd?
- Is Junior part of first or last name?
- Can a female be named JR?
Can a girl be a Jr after her father?
In a male-dominated world, a son named after his father is commonplace.
A daughter named after her mother is fairly unusual, and a daughter whose naming is proclaimed with the title “Junior” or “II” betokens a woman— perhaps two women— of unusual stature.
Consider a few modern examples: Anna Eleanor Roosevelt Jr..
Why are there no female Jrs?
The main reason to do it is to continue the family legacy – and historically, that happened down the male line. There would be no point in giving a woman a Jr name anyway, since she’d just be changing it the moment she got married.
Can females be simps?
– A man that puts too much value on a female for no reason. … like ‘cuck,’ simp has evolved past its original, more precise definition, and is now another catchall misogynistic term, seemingly aimed not directly at women but rather the men who value them.”
Where does Jr go when surname first?
Generational titles such as Jr and Sr would make the most sense to have placed at the end of the name, regardless of first/last name order. It is still a suffix, and supposed to be the last point of the name.
How do senior and junior names work?
Who is a Senior, a Junior or The Second? A man with the same name as his father uses “Jr.” after his name as long as his father is alive. … A man named after his grandfather, uncle, or cousin uses the suffix II, “the second.” In writing, a comma is used to separate the surname and the suffixes Jr.
Can a woman name her daughter after herself?
The using of junior is a social convention, not a rule or a law. Most women who name their daughter after themselves usually giver a different middle name. But there is no reason you can’t do it, although she might decide to change her last name if/when she decides to marry.
What do you call a girl with the same name as her mom?
Sometimes they will use a different version of the same name, such as Evie & Vangie for Evangeline. Sometimes they will call the child by her middle name or give her a nickname. Sometimes everyone calls mom “mom”, even Dad, so it is not a big problem.
Is Alexis a pretty name?
* Alexis is a boy’s name in Greek and Russian, where preferences are for a boy, sounding harsh and masculine. * In the United States, Alexis is more common among girls, although it is considered a uni-sex name. * My third cousin’s name is Alexis. … It is a very pretty name, but sometimes I wish I had a more unique one.
Can you have a different middle name and still be a Jr?
Using a different middle or last name, would no longer be considered a junior. Some parents still call their child a junior even if his name doesn’t meet these requirements, but a son is not generally considered junior unless he is using the dad’s full name. … And, the son would be the III.
Why do parents name their kid after themselves?
Originally Answered: Why do some people name their kid(s) after themselves? … Someone to carry on the name, particularly if the name has been in the family for a while or is unique in some way. For a few it’s a show of claiming the child or a need to feel self important by having something named after them.
Is Junior a unisex name?
The name Junior is a boy’s name of Latin origin meaning “young”.
Can your second son be a Jr?
Unequivocably, yes – to the question of whether a junior can be the second, third, or fourth son. The “junior” in the family is whichever boy is given the same name as his father. Although it is commonly the firstborn son, it is not always the first, and it is just as valid if it is the tenth son.
What’s the difference between JR and 2nd?
Same for Robert Downey Jr. While both mean the name has been used previously in their lineage, a junior (Jr.) means the child is named after a parent, while “the second” (II) indicates the exact same name was used previously by someone in the family, such as a grandparent or cousin.
Is Junior part of first or last name?
A true suffix (like Jr, etc) is a legal part of a person’s name and appears on their birth certificate, as well as on their passport. It is technically part of the *first* name not the surname, but not many people seem to understand that, so it gets tacked on in all kinds of odd places.
Can a female be named JR?
The term “junior” is correctly used only if a child is given exactly the same name as his or her parent… … The title “Jr.” is sometimes used in legal documents, particularly those pertaining to wills and estates, to distinguish among female family members of the same name.